Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Volkswagen Any Model’s (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Forum: Polo 6r - 6c - Gti (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit (/showthread.php?tid=7440)

Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - lcorn - 14-09-2021

Hi, I recently bought a Polo 6R (1,2 TSI 66kw from 2015) and it had a standard radio (6C0 035 885 A) that I wanted to exchange for an RCD330. I bought an original 187B noname version, however the quadlock doesn't fit properly. When comparing the pin layout from the two radios there are some differences and the "middle pins" from the RCD330 don't seem to have a hole in the quadlock.
  • Photo 1 shows the quadlock in the car (red circle where the pins don't seem to fit from the RCD330)

[To see links please register here]

• photo 2 the quadlock with wire configuration

• photo 3 the RCD330 pin configuration

• photo 4 the standard radio pin configuration

Is it possible to buy an adapter for it? What should I look out for, especially also that the pin arrangement between the two radios is different and the RCD330 has a fuse, while the old one doesn't?

Many thanks!!

RE: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - VWR - 15-09-2021

Hello,

You car needs MQB radio instead PQ. You need to get replacement.
I will send link asap..

VWR

RE: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - VWR - 15-09-2021

RADIOS

FRAME ONLY

You need to buy with frame. Ask seller if he can sell with frame.

VWR

RE: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - lcorn - 17-09-2021

thanks for the reply! Is it possible just to get an MQB-PQ adapter instead? I have the radio already.

Also the links that you sent me are for a Polo 6C, while mine is a 6R (at least according to my car documents).

RE: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - MrPanini - 20-09-2021

(17-09-2021, 12:15 PM)lcorn Wrote:

thanks for the reply! Is it possible just to get an MQB-PQ adapter instead? I have the radio already.

Also the links that you sent me are for a Polo 6C, while mine is a 6R (at least according to my car documents).

The MQB polo has a different Can bus speed 500KBS versus 100KBS for PQ and won't communicate. You could adapt the loom and use a can bus emulator but this is more trouble than its worth and you will have decreased functionality.
Buy the correct unit and you will also get vehicle status and the ability to set various car settings via the display.
Sell the RCD330 Noname and it will more than cover the cost, here is a cheap Polo 6C one on Aliexpress - 

Note: Though these have the same panel design as the dodgy RCD360 (No aux input), I have seen one and believe that the Polo 6C units are OEM and much better quality than the PQ RCD360.

RE: Upgraded to RCD330 on Polo 6R 2015 but quadlock doesn't fit - VWR - 23-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 02:59 AM)MrPanini Wrote:

(17-09-2021, 12:15 PM)lcorn Wrote:

The MQB polo has a different Can bus speed 500KBS versus 100KBS for PQ and won't communicate. You could adapt the loom and use a can bus emulator but this is more trouble than its worth and you will have decreased functionality.
Buy the correct unit and you will also get vehicle status and the ability to set various car settings via the display.
Sell the RCD330 Noname and it will more than cover the cost, here is a cheap Polo 6C one on Aliexpress - 

Note: Though these have the same panel design as the dodgy RCD360 (No aux input), I have seen one and believe that the Polo 6C units are OEM and much better quality than the PQ RCD360.

For sure...