Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus Firmwares & Guides (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RCD330 Plus camera installation guide (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera (/showthread.php?tid=7435)

Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - CheeseyPetes - 06-09-2021

*** EDIT - Posted as new thread, sorry for hijacking original! ***

Hi all, 

Hoping someone can help me out here - I have read extensively on this issue and come up blank.

I have an RCD330 (187E) installed in my 2012 Passat B7. I also have installed a flip badge camera (this one - 

[To see links please register here]

). This is tapped into the reverse light.

I get the 'Reversing Camera Not Available' error *nearly* all the time - but I have been able to get camera display occasionally - so I know that end to end it works (cabling, coding etc).  This leads me to believe that the issue is that I need to have the delay box installed to 'smooth out' the voltage signal from the reversing lamp (my research leads me to believe that this is a square wave signal, not constant power - hence working occasionally). 

So, the problem I have is - every diagram for connecting the delay that I can find shows wiring for the 'handle' or 'license plate' camera type, not the flip up badge. I've examined the flip up badge camera, and I can't work out how to wire the delay box in - there is no corresponding power input on the camera (like there is on the license plate camera) that matches up with the output on the delay box.

Is it a matter of cutting the connector off and splicing the +/- output of the delay box into the existing camera wiring? If so, where - this has the screw down four pin connector for most power input?

I've attached the wiring guide provided by the camera seller to help. I feel that it needs to go somewhere between P1, P2, P3 and P4 on this diagram.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - VWR - 13-09-2021

Hello,

When does camera work good?
If camera works good at 1st time you shifted to rear gear after switch on ignition, and then problem occurs, then you need delay box.

VWR

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - CheeseyPetes - 13-09-2021

Thanks - yes I know that I need a delay box. My question is - where does it wire in? There is no input on the camera that corresponds to the output on the delay box.

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - VWR - 13-09-2021

You need to connect delay box to P4 input on camera.

VWR

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - CheeseyPetes - 14-09-2021

Thanks - appreciate the answer, my understanding is getting closer! As the delay box has two outputs (assuming +/-), what do I connect to the single blue wire corresponding with P4 in the diagram above exactly? I take it I need to cut off the plug supplied (as per the image)?

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - VWR - 15-09-2021

(14-09-2021, 10:07 PM)CheeseyPetes Wrote:

Thanks - appreciate the answer, my understanding is getting closer! As the delay box has two outputs (assuming +/-), what do I connect to the single blue wire corresponding with P4 in the diagram above exactly? I take it I need to cut off the plug supplied (as per the image)?

Hello, use same GND for input of RVC & Delay box. You will only need to connect + output of delay box to P4.

VWR

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - CheeseyPetes - 20-09-2021

Ah great, thanks - it's +/GND not +/-. That's the missing piece Smile Much appreciated!

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - VWR - 21-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 07:48 AM)CheeseyPetes Wrote:

Ah great, thanks - it's +/GND not +/-. That's the missing piece Smile Much appreciated!

Now works ??

RE: Questions - Wiring for Delay Box with Flip Up Badge Camera - CheeseyPetes - 22-09-2021

I haven't had a chance to fit it yet, but I'll report back when I do. At least I understand how now Smile