Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus Firmwares & Guides (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RCD330 Plus camera installation guide (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? (/showthread.php?tid=7299)

RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - fadis96 - 19-03-2021

Hi all, 

I have bought this RCD330 system(

[To see links please register here]

), I then bought the camera from the same seller (

)

the seller asks me to activate the camera on the stereo, so I got the local garage to do that in VCDS but when I put the car in reverse nothing happens! the screen doesn't even go black, it doesn't do anything???? 

Is this a faulty RCD330? it works fine for everything else ?? note I don't have parking sensors ... well the car came with after market sensors...

Here is a video of another guy who has the same exact issue as me... 

Thanks in advance

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - Threshold - 24-07-2021

Anyone have any answers for this? I have spent months collecting all the required components and now my head unit does nothing when I put it in reverse.

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - VWR - 27-07-2021

Hello,

Please tell the car we are talking about..

VWR

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - Threshold - 09-08-2021

Volkswagen Tiguan 2008 in my case.

When camera is disconnected I have a black screen saying ‘reverse camera not available’, which indicates to me that the unit is coded properly.

When I install the camera and plug it in (timer delay module and wiring is installed correctly), nothing happens at all. Turned car on and off, reset the head unit, changed fuse sizes, nothing works. I put it in reverse and the head unit does nothing until I disconnect the camera and it shows a black screen.

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - VWR - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 07:07 AM)Threshold Wrote:

Volkswagen Tiguan 2008 in my case.

When camera is disconnected I have a black screen saying ‘reverse camera not available’, which indicates to me that the unit is coded properly.

When I install the camera and plug it in (timer delay module and wiring is installed correctly), nothing happens at all. Turned car on and off, reset the head unit, changed fuse sizes, nothing works. I put it in reverse and the head unit does nothing until I disconnect the camera and it shows a black screen.

Does camera have any connection on Canbus cables?
Or just a standart camera?

Any Black screen when reverse?

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - Threshold - 09-08-2021

No CANBUS cables. Just a simple AV connection to the back of the head unit. (Yellow RCA plug)

Tested voltage and everything it is definitely getting an input just not showing a screen. It only shows a black screen when the camera is completely disconnected or unpowered. Once connected nothing happens in reverse gear.

RE: RCD330 no camera screen in reverse? - VWR - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 08:19 AM)Threshold Wrote:

No CANBUS cables. Just a simple AV connection to the back of the head unit. (Yellow RCA plug)

Tested voltage and everything it is definitely getting an input just not showing a screen. It only shows a black screen when the camera is completely disconnected or unpowered. Once connected nothing happens in reverse gear.

Did you try connecting camera power directly instead via delay box.
And please connect a cable between outer frame (metal part) of radio & outer (video negative) of yellow RCA.

Let me know please.