Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
CarPlay call Problem - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus Firmwares & Guides (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rcd330 PLus Experience (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: CarPlay call Problem (/showthread.php?tid=7264)

Pages: 1 2

CarPlay call Problem - RiTz0 - 18-02-2021

Hello everyone, I have the following radio (5GD035280D HW 534) and the latest is with the SW 5532also in German.  with the update I hoped that the following problem would be solved but unfortunately it still persists.  

When I am called by different contacts (or call me) I hear the doorbell ring, but from the moment the conversation begins I don't hear anyone and neither do the person on the other end.  BT in the radio is already deactivated and everything has been reset, other (original) cable tested. I have also tested several iPhones (8, 8plus, 11) and the error occurs again and again with different contacts.  has anyone had this before and has a solution?

thx for help

RE: CarPlay call Problem - kesmaschin - 21-04-2021

Yes, I have the same issue. It occurs only with specific contacts, for example my wife, she has a Galaxy s20 and I have a Iphone 12.
Has anybody a Idea how to solve it?

RE: CarPlay call Problem - kesmaschin - 28-04-2021

Anybody an idea?

RE: CarPlay call Problem - florifantasy - 23-05-2021

Have the exact same issue.
I guess it happended with iOS 14 update - but not sure.

I have the 187B Noname and I just installed the newest FW 5614 from here.
It did not fix it, could be an iOS issue…

My workaround: tapping the loudspeaker on the phone. It Mutes the radio. But that sucks…

Very mysterious. About half of my contacts have that problem. iPhones, androids, different carriers here in Germany. And funny: it also happens when calling with facetime Audio.

RE: CarPlay call Problem - jamespreedy - 03-06-2021

I'm having this too.

The only person I cant call / hear etc is my wife.
Cant call her using either FTA or cellular call.

Very strange!

RE: CarPlay call Problem - kesmaschin - 25-01-2022

I am wondering whether every Iphone User has this problem, or is it specific to those 3 people here in the forum? It is really annoying. @admin, do you have any ideas?

RE: CarPlay call Problem - VWR - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 09:23 AM)kesmaschin Wrote: I am wondering whether every Iphone User has this problem, or is it specific to those 3 people here in the forum? It is really annoying. @admin, do you have any ideas?

Hello,

Here in forum, many users purchased firmware, but no negative feedback.
This firmware is also used on many radios sold on Aliexpress ot other trade platforms, really annoying, but this is official firmware release, we mainly do not touch firmwares. Sometimes we adopt firmwares to non compatible models, but your radio is compatible.

VWR

RE: CarPlay call Problem - sami187 - 26-01-2022

I am having a similar issue.
Since I updated to iOS 15.2.1, outgoing calls haven't worked properly in Carplay. I can start a call, but there is no audio either end. If I switch the call to speaker, it works fine. Receiving calls is no issue. Whatsapp is working perfectly for both starting and receiving a call. Facetime audio is experiencing the same issue, again only on outgoing calls. I have liased with Apple customer support and they have came to the conclusion that the problem is the firmware on my stereo. I didn't believe that at first but I have tested my phone on a Kia carplay stereo and it works fine. I also tested an older iPhone running iOS 14.8 on my stereo and it worked perfectly. 
I'm running firmware 6214 on an RCD330 187E. Carplay version 210.81. iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.
I think we need another firmware update for RCD 330.

RE: CarPlay call Problem - iFlo - 07-06-2022

same issue here

RE: CarPlay call Problem - VWR - 08-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:22 AM)iFlo Wrote: same issue here

Try 5522 firmware, it should solve issue.

VWR