Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Volkswagen Any Model’s (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Forum: Polo 6r - 6c - Gti (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working (/showthread.php?tid=6826)

Pages: 1 2

rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - caista - 10-02-2020

Hi all,

I bought a noname 6RF 035 187E for my Polo 6R from Lemon Shark (to replace my rcn210)

[To see links please register here]

He also said I needed the Canbus adapter so I bought that as well.

I installed it and everything seemed to work fine at first

But then I noticed it would turn itself off after 30-40 min. And then it stays on when the car is turned off!

I thought the Canbus adapter was supposed to fix these issues?

I have contacted the seller and he's not being very helpful.

He's saying that I need to "connect the CAN line" and that "installation requires gateway".

I don't know what any of this means and when I said the Canbus adapter is supposed to be "plug and play" he's just said "some cars need to be connected" and that I should try a "professional installation".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - VWR - 14-02-2020

Hi friend,

Chinese sellers have some problems in their country beacuse of corona virus. If you did not get a reply from seller, please wait patiently.

By the way, what is your car year, what is your original car radio connector, ISO or Quadlock? Which one?

Which adapter did you buy? (2 links you have provided are same)

Ersin

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - Ludus - 14-02-2020

I have a Polo 6R and am also going to upgrade to the RCD330. I've been told the 6R doesn't need the adapter though???
Have you tried it without the adapter? I've read stories of people having issues when using the adapter and then once they removed it, it turned out they didn't even need it and it worked fine...

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - caista - 15-02-2020

Hi Ersin

My car is a 2013 Polo 6R.

I'm not entirely sure what the original car radio connector is. ISO I think. I've added some photos though so it should be clear.

This is the adapter I bought:

[attachment=1187]

[attachment=1189]

[attachment=1188]

(14-02-2020, 10:35 AM)Ludus Wrote:

I have a Polo 6R and am also going to upgrade to the RCD330. I've been told the 6R doesn't need the adapter though???
Have you tried it without the adapter? I've read stories of people having issues when using the adapter and then once they removed it, it turned out they didn't even need it and it worked fine...

Hi Ludus,

When I showed Lemon Shark a photo of the plug that goes into the back of my old stereo, he told me I need the adapter.

I haven't tried it without the adapter.

I'm completely confused by the whole thing.

[attachment=1191]

[attachment=1190]

You can see that in the adapter with the CANBUS decoder, the 2 extra pins won't even connect with the CANBUS pins in my original plug (see my first reply)

So maybe this is the problem.

Or maybe I've completely misunderstood!

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - Ludus - 16-02-2020

Yes, that's the ISO connector type, very interesting as my 6R has the quadlock type and I believed all 6R's had the same... in that case you obviously need that adapter.

I understand the confusion, some people get lucky and it is as simple as plugging it in and job done, whilst others just seem to have issue after issue trying to install RCD330s, for seemingly no reason at all. Customer support is essentially non-existent as well and as these headunits aren't sold in western markets VW can't offer any support either.

I think your best option is to try this solution:

Maybe see if @G@kturks can help, try messaging him?

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - caista - 16-02-2020

I don't seem to have any battery drain though. It just turns itself off every half an hour

Do you think that this is what he means I should do when he says I should connect the CAN line?

[attachment=1192]

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - caista - 17-02-2020

OK scratch that. I think I know what I need to do.

The red (ACC) and orange (ILL) that are inputs into the CANBUS adapter don't actually connect to anything in my car setup.

So I think I need to pull these cables out of the harness and extend them.

And then run the red cable to a 12v ignition only fuse in the fuse box.

And I'm supposed to run the orange cable to the light switch. I'm not sure I'll bother with this one though. I doubt that this is causing my problems.

I have zero experience of fiddling with cars and wiring. I don't even know where the fuse box is or how to run a wire behind the dashboard.

But I will try and work it out and report back here.

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - Ludus - 19-02-2020

I have heard of people having that exact issue with it turning itself off every 30-45 minutes, it usually coincides with the battery drain issue though? It's definitely a problem with the CANBUS as the radio isn't able to communicate with it. Are you sure you definitely don't have the battery drain issue? Have you left your car for a long period of time (a couple of days at least) without starting it?

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - caista - 19-02-2020

Yeah it does. But I've left the car for ages and it doesn't drain.

RE: rcn210 to rcd330 plus (with canbus adapter) not working - VWR - 02-03-2020

Hello friends,

Any problem now?