Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus Firmwares & Guides (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RCD330 Plus installation guide (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator (/showthread.php?tid=6739)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - VWR - 06-12-2019

Hello Dear forum users,

I want to explain when you need to use Gateway simulator, and how to use it.

First of all, a gateway simulator creates true Can Bus signals for your radio.
When you need to use : 

In case of battery drain,
In case of using on different cars,
In case of using PQ25 platform cars..

How to use it:

There are 5 inputs & 2 outputs for this device.

>>> INPUTS 
BLACK     : GND            >> You can connect to Brown cable on your radio's Quadlock socket/ Any Ground point
YELLOW  : POWER 12+ >> You can connect to Red/Yellow cable on your radio's Quadlock socket / Or any continuous 12V +
RED        : ACC POWER >> You need to connect to a switched 12V. You can take it from Fuse box, this input must has 12V power only when you Switched ignition.
ORANGE  : LIGHT          >>You need to connect to 3nd pin of Light Switch of your car. (Parking light position)
BLUE       : REAR CAM   >>You need to connect to Backup Lamp. (You can find on BCM pinouts also, you need to connect when you install Reverse Camera)

>>> OUTPUTS
WHITE    : CAN +        >> You need to connect your Radio's CAN + (HIGH) input, you can check it on Radio's label.
GREEN    : CAN -         >> You need to connect your Radio's CAN - (LOW) input, you can check it on Radio's label.
IMPORTANT NOTES:
Please note that you need to replace actual CAN +/- wirings with adapter's.
Please note that you need to connect actual CAN +/- back when you need to code your radio via VCDS/ODIS/OBD11...

So the basic principle:
Black / Yellow / Red / Orange / White / Green must be connected..
Blue : Needs to be connected when you install rear camera. (Your radio must be coded to have RVC already)

When simulator gets for example 12V from ACC input, it sends "Ignition on" signal to radio from CAN +/-.
When simulator gets 12V from any input, it sends related signal from CAN +/- outputs to Radio.

Here are some images for PINOUTS OF Canbus Simulator, Light Switch & Pinouts, Radio Quadlock Socket & Pinout

GATEWAY SIMULATOR FOR PQ (SAME MODEL IS AVAILABLE FOR MQB)
[Image: HTB1my2LXL5G3KVjSZPxq6zI3XXaY.jpg]
LIGHT SWITCH & PINOUT

[Image: switch_pinout1.jpg]

QUADLOCK CONNECTOR PINOUTS

[Image: quadlock.jpg]

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - Jordy015 - 18-02-2020

1k0907530L is my module for my 08 Jetta, will it drain battery?

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - VWR - 16-03-2020

08 Jetta, should drain. 09 or above is expected to not drain battery.
If you have also steering wheel buttons, you need to buy adapter.

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - blah67 - 10-08-2020

i got 2013 with stearing wheel control taht works alrady today but with drain should i get this stuff?
i got rev K

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - VWR - 10-08-2020

2013 car is not expected to have battery drain problem with rcd330.

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - pdominguezc - 25-09-2020

Hi: I bought the Android Auto Radio RCD 330G 6RF 035 187E radio, to replace the original VW RCD 320G 2 DIN radio.

The original radio cames with steering wheel control.

[To see links please register here]

When installing the radio, I have 2 problems:
1.- The steering wheel control does not work (Vol + -, Mute, Arrows, Voice control)  . 

2.- The radio doesn't recognize if the ignition is on. To turn on the Bluetooth, the car must be on, but the radio didn't recognize it. So, I can't turn on the Bluetooth.

The car Is VW GOL 2018. Maybe a Canbus simulator solve the problem?
Do you know what can be done to make it work?

Thank you very much for the help! Big Grin

Pablo

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - VWR - 28-09-2020

(25-09-2020, 02:21 PM)pdominguezc Wrote:

Hi: I bought the Android Auto Radio RCD 330G 6RF 035 187E radio, to replace the original VW RCD 320G 2 DIN radio.

1.- The steering wheel control does not work (Vol + -, Mute, Arrows, Voice control)  . 

2.- The radio doesn't recognize if the ignition is on. To turn on the Bluetooth, the car must be on, but the radio didn't recognize it. So, I can't turn on the Bluetooth.

Pablo

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Hello,[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please send photo of the original radio.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please tell details in : SETUP / System information in new radio.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please send photos of adapter that came with new radio.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]VWR[/font]

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - cybermiguel - 04-10-2020

(28-09-2020, 06:18 AM)VWR Wrote:

(25-09-2020, 02:21 PM)pdominguezc Wrote:

Pablo

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Hello,[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please send photo of the original radio.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please tell details in : SETUP / System information in new radio.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Please send photos of adapter that came with new radio.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Tahoma, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]VWR[/font]

I have the exact same problem with the exact same car. This is a picture of the original radio.

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - cybermiguel - 12-11-2020

(06-12-2019, 06:56 AM)VWR Wrote:

Hello Dear forum users,

I want to explain when you need to use Gateway simulator, and how to use it.

First of all, a gateway simulator creates true Can Bus signals for your radio.
When you need to use : 

In case of battery drain,
In case of using on different cars,
In case of using PQ25 platform cars..

How to use it:

There are 5 inputs & 2 outputs for this device.

>>> INPUTS 
BLACK     : GND            >> You can connect to Brown cable on your radio's Quadlock socket/ Any Ground point
YELLOW  : POWER 12+ >> You can connect to Red/Yellow cable on your radio's Quadlock socket / Or any continuous 12V +
RED        : ACC POWER >> You need to connect to a switched 12V. You can take it from Fuse box, this input must has 12V power only when you Switched ignition.
ORANGE  : LIGHT          >>You need to connect to 3nd pin of Light Switch of your car. (Parking light position)
BLUE       : REAR CAM   >>You need to connect to Backup Lamp. (You can find on BCM pinouts also, you need to connect when you install Reverse Camera)

>>> OUTPUTS
WHITE    : CAN +        >> You need to connect your Radio's CAN + (HIGH) input, you can check it on Radio's label.
GREEN    : CAN -         >> You need to connect your Radio's CAN - (LOW) input, you can check it on Radio's label.
IMPORTANT NOTES:
Please note that you need to replace actual CAN +/- wirings with adapter's.
Please note that you need to connect actual CAN +/- back when you need to code your radio via VCDS/ODIS/OBD11... 

So the basic principle:
Black / Yellow / Red / Orange / White / Green must be connected..
Blue : Needs to be connected when you install rear camera. (Your radio must be coded to have RVC already)

When simulator gets for example 12V from ACC input, it sends "Ignition on" signal to radio from CAN +/-.
When simulator gets 12V from any input, it sends related signal from CAN +/- outputs to Radio.

Here are some images for PINOUTS OF Canbus Simulator, Light Switch & Pinouts, Radio Quadlock Socket & Pinout

GATEWAY SIMULATOR FOR PQ (SAME MODEL IS AVAILABLE FOR MQB)
[Image: HTB1my2LXL5G3KVjSZPxq6zI3XXaY.jpg]
LIGHT SWITCH & PINOUT

[Image: switch_pinout1.jpg]

QUADLOCK CONNECTOR PINOUTS

[Image: quadlock.jpg]

My car has a PQ25 platform. If I buy that adapter and install it, will I still have the steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance.

RE: How to use Rcd330 Gateway Simulator - VWR - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 03:18 AM)cybermiguel Wrote:

My car has a PQ25 platform. If I buy that adapter and install it, will I still have the steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance.

You need to buy PQ25 to PQ35 converter.