Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not Desay?
Radio 
Hi everyone,
Very good forum! Thanks for sharing all of the info here.

I have VW MK6 with RCD510, and wanted to upgrade to RCD 330.
The important things for me is that it will be working with Apple CarPlay, and will support the upcoming changes in iOS 12 (supporting Waze mainly). 

I found You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. which is by Desay.
Will it be ok for me? 
What does "non upgradeable" means? Why would i want to upgrade it (from SW 0317)?

Thanks in advanced for your replies  Cool
Yea,its OK....with latest sw 0317.
(08-06-2018, 08:05 AM)stasio Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yea,its OK....with latest sw 0317.

Thank you stasio! 
Can you please explain the issue of not being able to upgrade? 
Why will I want to upgrade the device?

Thank you
RCD 330 Plus Desay unit (187A or 187B) came with software which you cannt upgrade,as no complete software has been publish.
Only small upgrade can be done,as posted in this thread...as "sticky".
Is nothing wrong to go with Desay,as many wonted Android Auto apps,then they choose NoName version.
I have 187B Desay and I it's great head unit. I wanted one with CarPlay and I got one with CarPlay, it works perfectly.
Radio 
(08-06-2018, 08:32 AM)MatoC9 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have 187B Desay and I it's great head unit. I wanted one with CarPlay and I got one with CarPlay, it works perfectly.

Thank you for the feedback MatoC9!
Can you please advise regarding sound quality
My RCD510 has a very high sound quality, is this going to be the same for SCD330?
(08-06-2018, 08:34 AM)feznot Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you for the feedback MatoC9!
Can you please advise regarding sound quality
My RCD510 has a very high sound quality, is this going to be the same for SCD330?

Well, I had RCD310 before and it sounds about the same in my opinion.
Radio quality is good, at least if you're close to broadcasting tower like I am most of the time. But of couse when I leave city, it gets worse and it won't try to find better frequency for that same station and you have to tune it manually.
But I don't use radio that often and bluetooth sound quality is really good. I have 4 speakers in my MK6 Golf and they all play very good with this HU.

There's only one problem that comes to my mind - if I enable "Screen off in 10 seconds", it won't be enabled next time you start your car. But that's not a big problem.
(08-06-2018, 10:38 AM)MatoC9 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Well, I had RCD310 before and it sounds about the same in my opinion.
Radio quality is good, at least if you're close to broadcasting tower like I am most of the time. But of couse when I leave city, it gets worse and it won't try to find better frequency for that same station and you have to tune it manually.
But I don't use radio that often and bluetooth sound quality is really good. I have 4 speakers in my MK6 Golf and they all play very good with this HU.

There's only one problem that comes to my mind - if I enable "Screen off in 10 seconds", it won't be enabled next time you start your car. But that's not a big problem.

Thank you for the information MatoC9!
The problem you described i not so bad indeed! 

Can you post the specific model you have? 
Does it have the VW logo on startup? Is it using red color for the buttons?
(08-06-2018, 10:50 AM)feznot Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you for the information MatoC9!
The problem you described i not so bad indeed! 

Can you post the specific model you have? 
Does it have the VW logo on startup? Is it using red color for the buttons?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Seller was really nice and agreed to put a price tag of 15$ on the package so I won't have to pay import fees in my country.
It does have VW logo on startup, it has red backlight for buttons and yellow UI elements (look at attachment).
(08-06-2018, 11:26 AM)MatoC9 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Seller was really nice and agreed to put a price tag of 15$ on the package so I won't have to pay import fees in my country.
It does have VW logo on startup, it has red backlight for buttons and yellow UI elements (look at attachment).

Thank you. I will purchase it as well. 
150 USD sounds like a good price as well. 
Any idea regarding the delivery time?