Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appel CarPlay on USB and Android phone on Bluetooth
Hi Folks.

Quistion is: Can I connect an Iphone on USB and at the same time use Android on Bluetooth.

My RCD330 Plus is :
Device part number  = 6RD035187B
Hardware = 036
Software = 0317
Bluetooth = c250
Appel CarPlay = 'CPL24.V1.4.3@C1'

As I understand form reading this forum it is NOT (yet) possibel to firmware update this device to support Android Auto..

Next ?
If I got hands on a used Iphone and place a Data only SIM Card into this Appel and connect it by cable to the USB port. 
Then Using the Iphone and Appel CarPlay to navi etc. should be stright forward, right?

Will it still be possibel to connect my Android phone, as i do now, on Bluetooth ?
or will it conflict whit the Iphone on USB ?

In basic The android on BT are provideing me all the phone handeling that I need.
Looking for a way to get Navi on the system.

Bay the way my Android is an HTC One (M7) running ver 5.0.2 and does not support MirrorLink, so that track isn't possibel.

Thanks GiGas
(01-30-2018, 10:53 PM)GiGas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Folks.

Quistion is: Can I connect an Iphone on USB and at the same time use Android on Bluetooth.

My RCD330 Plus is :
Device part number  = 6RD035187B
Hardware = 036
Software = 0317
Bluetooth = c250
Appel CarPlay = 'CPL24.V1.4.3@C1'

As I understand form reading this forum it is NOT (yet) possibel to firmware update this device to support Android Auto..

Next ?
If I got hands on a used Iphone and place a Data only SIM Card into this Appel and connect it by cable to the USB port. 
Then Using the Iphone and Appel CarPlay to navi etc. should be stright forward, right?

Will it still be possibel to connect my Android phone, as i do now, on Bluetooth ?
or will it conflict whit the Iphone on USB ?

In basic The android on BT are provideing me all the phone handeling that I need.
Looking for a way to get Navi on the system.

Bay the way my Android is an HTC One (M7) running ver 5.0.2 and does not support MirrorLink, so that track isn't possibel.

Thanks GiGas
when you plug iphone with usb then Bluetooth phone button and menu will not work because carplay will work
so you cannot use Bluetooth android and iphone carplay sametime

You can play android ( htc ) with  Mirrorlink... Download and install  Htc mirrorlink App in phone then download syngic car maps or any maps wich one work on Mirrorlink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Arrow   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Blush
Thanks,  now I do not have to purchase an Iphone just for testing.
But as I wrote -

HTC One (M7) will not install MirrorLink as there are no ML-support on this Phone model :-(

Guess that I only have 2 possibel way's to go.
1) Order a 330 that runs Android Auto.
2) Order a newer Android Phone that supports MirrorLink

Ohh yes option 3 is to join the Appel Family - but that's realy not realistic ;-)

Any chance that an Flash update for the rcd330 I have will be made in near furure ?

Thanks GiGas
(01-31-2018, 02:54 PM)GiGas Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks,  now I do not have to purchase an Iphone just for testing.
But as I wrote -

HTC One (M7) will not install MirrorLink as there are no ML-support on this Phone model :-(

Guess that I only have 2 possibel way's to go.
1) Order a 330 that runs Android Auto.
2) Order a newer Android Phone that supports MirrorLink

Ohh yes option 3 is to join the Appel Family - but that's realy not realistic ;-)

Any chance that an Flash update for the rcd330 I have will be made in near furure ?

Thanks GiGas

Buy 187B noname then you can upgrade anytime if you want android auto for future
Arrow   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Blush