Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDS problem.
Hello
I have change my desay 187A RCD330G for a RCD 330 noname 187B.
I make firmware update to 5314 / C210.
Android Auto is fantastic but my big probleme is I lost RDS on 99% of stations.
Why RCD support is so bad in 5314 version of firmware ?!
Any chance to have an update of this firmware to 5406 ?

Thnak you everybody.

Sebastien
Hello, same on my wifes RCD330 ... not tested before, upgraded to BT210. bUt no station names ... any solution? Thx for info. Daniel
RDS is hardware related and not software. The RDS was spotty on these to begin with and wasn't reliable.
There is no RDS on these units.. its a wonder it displays radio station name let alone the rest
Sorry but with original 5406 firmware RDS is working and disply station !
Same for me. Station list shows no names, just frekvences. It is annoying... I try to use CarPlay as much as I can but sometimes I have tu use FM and no pics and no names for stored radios. It is kind of a pain in the ass.
well what do you expect for a headunit with this price?
Don't get me wrong. It's still the best unit on the market for this money! I would pay no problem twice this money, for a perfect one, with all the things as expected!
(06-14-2018, 08:50 PM)Boss_y Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Don't get me wrong. It's still the best unit on the market for this money! I would pay no problem twice this money, for a perfect one, with all the things as expected!

I just faced the same problem.  Angry Angry
With 5406, RDS and station names were there. 
Now with 5314 to get Android , it' has disapeared... 
Hence  for me the device is just not usable.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Did you find a a solution to get back RDS ?   or to get back to 5406 ?
thanks for your help
Nope!