Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about my New RCD330plus 187B Desay
Hi everyone

I just received 6RD 035 187B Desay HW 036 bought on Aliexpress. I installed it on my GOLF MK6 Highline where I before had a RCD510 chinese version with USB, Aux and Backup Camera port. The 187B is working fine, also the Carplay is great. It's a shame Apple doesn't accept Google Maps because Maps sucks but this is another topic.

I've got a few questions and maybe somebody on this forum knows the answer. The first questions are about the differences I have between the old RCD510 and this new...
1) The old RCD510 allowed me to see information of the radio on the center cockpit boardcomputer... nothing is there anymore with the new RCD330
2) The old RCD510 allowed me to see information on screen about the Airconditiong, like temperature, air recycling etc, nothing on the new

Then I go on with other questions about the first things I noticed.
3) With my steering wheel controls everything works accept the microphone button. If pressed I thought it would wake up "Siri" but instead it just mutes the radio or pauses a playing song.
4) I've seen some videos on youtube about people playing videos on the RCD330 without a connected phone... how does this work? The media section seems to me just for music?
5) If possible then... what video codec would be accepted?
6) I think I will try to install a backup camera in the next future (they sent me also the cable to do it); but for now I would do some experiments.... would it be possible to use this video input to attach an external device? Maybe with a trigger that simulates the reverse gear? 

While I'm writing more questons are jumping into my mind but I will quit for now...
Thank you for reading and answering!

Cheers
I have the same version, and I wating for ner firmware.

And don't show de radio on the FIS, in my Passat 2007 the climatronic don't show info by default, is need to change de controls.
Hi,
I wrote a short overview for this device, you can find it here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

About the siri button: it should work if in vdcs this button is active as voice command.... it worked for me
(01-29-2018, 08:53 AM)Lizzy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi,
I wrote a short overview for this device, you can find it here:

About the siri button: it should work if in vdcs this button is active as voice command.... it worked for me

If you have button for voice it will work. No need vcds
Arrow   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Blush
well I've got the button for voice but it doesn't work out of the box.
like this:

Wil give a try with the vcds