Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using external microphone
Is it possible to use an external microphone with these units?

The pins are present on the quadlock connector and labelled as mic on the PCB. Any suggestions of how to get this working would be great as the quality isn't as good as my previous 3C8...E bluetooth module.

Thanks.
I'm not sure if this is possible. Might be.. But the built in mic works just fine for me
I am looking into this aswell - anyone had any luck?
Would be interested too. Factory mic doesn't soud very well
In the blue factory connector, Move pins 6 (clear wire) and 12 (black) over to the new block in the same position (right under speakers) for the camera unless you are using an external adaptor. The remaining two wires are the microphone. You are going to move those over to the block next to the camera at pin 1 and 7. These pins are reverse so black wire at top, white wire at bottom.
(05-16-2018, 10:48 PM)Bizmo Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.In the blue factory connector,  Move pins 6 (clear wire) and 12 (black) over to the new block in the same position (right under speakers) for the camera unless you are using an external adaptor. The remaining two wires are the microphone. You are going to move those over to the block next to the camera at pin 1 and 7. These pins are reverse so black wire at top, white wire at bottom.

I did that already, but it seems you have to code that somehow to activate it, so basically it's not plug&play. In the Engineering test mode (super long press on the setup button) you can check the number of mics and I believe this is the menu where we should have the coding available, but there isn't. So at this point mic is not activated even though it is connected properly. In VCDS there ain't such menu or I couldn't find it.
There's a good chance these pins are present but not active.

Components get reused all the time, so while one part might appear to have extra features, another part in the unit may not have the required features/setup to make it work.

Have you looked at adaptation options? From memory there weren't any for the RCD330, but if there is something, it might be there.
If you disconnect the headunit body from the front panel, you will see a twisted pair or red and white wires plugging into the board

I don't see why, you can get the same connector, and wire and external microphone to that, and plug it in yourself?