Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passat B6 installation guide
Passat B6 / B7   installation guide

Arrow   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  Blush
Hi Gokturks,

Thanks for your information on this site. So helpful!

I have an RCD500 in my 2006 B6 Passat. Am I able to upgrade to RCD330? Or is the wiring incompatible?

Thanks!
(03-16-2018, 01:55 PM)dimi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Gokturks,

Thanks for your information on this site. So helpful!

I have an RCD500 in my 2006 B6 Passat. Am I able to upgrade to RCD330? Or is the wiring incompatible?

Thanks!

you need to fixesd drain battary first

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
fuse number 19 to 27

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Thank you, yes I can fix drain battery first of all. 

So RCD500 -> RCD330 = straight swap? Wires ok?
(03-16-2018, 10:10 PM)dimi Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you, yes I can fix drain battery first of all. 

So RCD500 -> RCD330 = straight swap? Wires ok?

Yes ok..
Good afternoon,
I have acquired a new rcd 330 g reference 6RF 035 187E, when installing it in my passat b6, everything works fine, but when putting the ops, the golf image comes out, I would like to change it to the passat image.
That long coding helper should be put, I have a 12.12 vag cable and the bytes do not output information and I do not know what to change.
(04-02-2018, 05:07 PM)Pacurro Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Good afternoon,
I have acquired a new rcd 330 g reference 6RF 035 187E, when installing it in my passat b6, everything works fine, but when putting the ops, the golf image comes out, I would like to change it to the passat image.
That long coding helper should be put, I have a 12.12 vag cable and the bytes do not output information and I do not know what to change.

Refer to this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

If you don't have a drop down on byte6, you just have to tick individual bits to get '10' (or '11' if you have the wagon). I think this is bits 2 & 4 - play around until you get the right number.
(04-04-2018, 01:23 PM)Simo Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(04-02-2018, 05:07 PM)Pacurro Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Good afternoon,

Refer to this thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

If you don't have a drop down on byte6, you just have to tick individual bits to get '10' (or '11' if you have the wagon). I think this is bits 2 & 4 - play around until you get the right number.
Thank you very much, I'll try if I can change it jejeje, on the other hand, I have problems receiving radio stations, with a lot of coverage, but when the coverage goes down a little bit, it does not take any station, you do "scan" and do not take not even one. I've looked at the two-antenna adapter to one that the radio provider gave me, but it seems to be fine.
I have not noticed any issues with radio stations, but I hardly listen to the radio anyway
(04-06-2018, 01:42 AM)Simo Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have not noticed any issues with radio stations, but I hardly listen to the radio anyway

In the end I was able to solve the problem of receiving radio stations, the antenna adapter that had the radio was not well manufactured, the cable was loose and therefore received hardly any stations.