Volkswagen Rcd330 Plus Head Unit Guide , Firmware Update
Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - Printable Version

+- Volkswagen Rcd330 Plus Head Unit Guide , Firmware Update (http://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 PLus Guide (http://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rcd330 PLus Experience (http://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname (/showthread.php?tid=87)

Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - Sub1n - 02-13-2018

I just updated my noname 187b with 5314 firmware and it got installed in the first place. Everything seems to work fine but with one big issue. 

Problem:- Ok Google commands not working .

When I say ok Google, it triggers the unit with the beep but then it doesn't take anything what I say and then cancels itself. This is annoying .I tried 2 phones both having same issues and 2 USB cables. Is anyone else having trouble with ok google not working properly? 
I'm not able to input any instruction using ok Google command as it gets triggered but then cannot hear what I say. I have tried steering mic and touching the screen mic too but it's the same. 

Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - G@kturks - 02-14-2018

(02-13-2018, 04:03 PM)Sub1n Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I just updated my noname 187b with 5314 firmware and it got installed in the first place. Everything seems to work fine but with one big issue. 

When I say ok Google, it triggers the unit with the beep but then it doesn't take anything what I say and then cancels itself. This is annoying .I tried 2 phones both having same issues and 2 USB cables. Is anyone else having trouble with ok google not working properly? 
I'm not able to input any instruction using ok Google command as it gets triggered but then cannot hear what I say. I have tried steering mic and touching the screen mic too but it's the same. 

I try with s8 and ( ok google ) work well but not like siriSmile siri is best

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - jernavy - 02-14-2018

(02-13-2018, 04:03 PM)Sub1n Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I just updated my noname 187b with 5314 firmware and it got installed in the first place. Everything seems to work fine but with one big issue. 

Yesterday I also rolled back from 5515 to 5314 for the echo/feedback issue, and now I have no voice controls.  Also, when someone calls or I call them it sends the call to the phone.  I've tried all sorts of unpairing, renaming and it's a mess.

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - G@kturks - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 03:23 PM)jernavy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Yesterday I also rolled back from 5515 to 5314 for the echo/feedback issue, and now I have no voice controls.  Also, when someone calls or I call them it sends the call to the phone.  I've tried all sorts of unpairing, renaming and it's a mess.
Well sometimes i use android and just have bugs bluetooth always need permition to connect when start car  , no another bugs .. but we have only 5314 now.. so no choice Smile
I love carplay

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - Sub1n - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 10:33 AM)Gokturks Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I try with s8 and ( ok google ) work well but not like siriSmile siri is best

Did you use 187b upgraded to 5314 firmware?
Problem is that ok Google command works but after that it does not respond to questions as if it muted and cannot listen anymore .

issue is sporadic. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't .may be it's the USB cable .Can you recommend me a good USB C to USB A cable?

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - jernavy - 02-14-2018

Okay so here is what I found and I tried this just now it worked. I read this article

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Basically, there is an issue with "OK Google" in Android Auto right now (ultimately VW will need to release a new firmware)

These are the steps
Google App - Settings
Voice- Disable "OK google from any screen"

I think it's optional but I also did
Voice -Bluetooth Headset to on {Records audio through Bluetooth Headset"

I unplugged and plugged in the phone a bunch of times asking google for commands and searches and made a phone call. Tested after restarting the car/headunit also.

This is on 5314. YES I HAD Tried this with 5314 before. I also reinstalled 5515 and then went back to 5314 just to make sure there was no hickup in installation.
Hope this helps.

SubIn - just ignore poeple confirming you that you are on the right firmware version. It's and android issue try the settings!

-Jernavy

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - Sub1n - 02-15-2018

(02-14-2018, 09:11 PM)jernavy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Okay so here is what I found and I tried this just now it worked.  I read this article

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Basically, there is an issue with "OK Google" in Android Auto right now (ultimately VW will need to release a new firmware)

These are the steps
Google App - Settings
Voice- Disable "OK google from any screen"

I think it's optional but I also did
Voice -Bluetooth Headset to on {Records audio through Bluetooth Headset"

I unplugged and plugged in the phone a bunch of times asking google for commands and searches and made a phone call.  Tested after restarting the car/headunit also.

This is on 5314.  YES I HAD Tried this with 5314 before.  I also reinstalled 5515 and then went back to 5314 just to make sure there was no hickup in installation.
Hope this helps.

SubIn - just ignore poeple confirming you that you are on the right firmware version.  It's and android issue try the settings!

-Jernavy
HI Jernavy,

Thanks for the steps. I'll try them out and then check if it works or not.

So now its working without any problems for you?

I tried the above settings. It worked for sometime and I thought it got fixed but once I toggled between to car radio, media and then back to android auto., it was gone again. Same symptoms again- it wakes up on Ok google command but then does not respond back. 

I think its either a google AA issue or a AA firmware issue on the 187b. Either google or VW needs to fix it.

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - addy73 - 03-20-2018

I had the same problem last night and today, but last night it worked once, i remembered i used a different cable last night when i checked my dash-cam. just tried the same cable again and it works perfect using an Amazon fire stick usb cable , but other cable its the same as yours, now the problem is after responds to the ok google it automatically turns the volume to half way , so if anyone's ok google isn't working just try a cable until it does , cheers

RE: Android Auto 'Ok Google' issue - 187b Noname - edisepic - 06-29-2018

was this ever completely fixed? I had an rcd330 android auto unit and i never had this issue for months but i had the echoing voice issue so i got rid of that unit and purchased an android auto no name unit and the echoing is gone but im now having this google command issue. I press the button but the mic doesnt pick up anything and when i go to play music etc and hit the play button it automatically pauses it and doesnt let me play anything. No sound comes from android auto at all.

ANY HELP would be AWESOME