Volkswagen Rcd330 Plus Head Unit Guide , Firmware Update
187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - Printable Version

+- Volkswagen Rcd330 Plus Head Unit Guide , Firmware Update (http://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 PLus Guide (http://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rcd 330 PLus NoNaMe & Desay (http://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING (/showthread.php?tid=81)

Pages: 1 2

187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - ajgoldman - 02-11-2018

Hello to the forum,

This will be my first post.

This is being installed into a 2011 MK6 GTI with Dynaudio. I am replacing, RNS510 from factory.

I purchased 187B Desay (not purposely as Amazon seller was misleading), everything was working fine until the following happened:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

1. I installed the unit, everything working, no audio.
2. Disconnected battery, audio working. Great.
3. Carplay working. Shows Carplay, Carlife, Mirrorlink.
4. Next day, went into setup, did factory reset.
6. NO MORE CARPLAY!!! NO MORE MIRRORLINK!!! ONLY BAIDU CARLIFE
7. Disconnected unit multiple times, still no carplay, only carlife.

After discovering all this, I contacted amazon seller, they told me to hold down unit power button (soft reboot) to fix. did not work.

After some more digging on this forum, and others, I learned my unit was a Desay 187B with 036 - 0317 specs. The seller told me that the update process is 'too complicated' and they will send me another one.

As an engineer, I know that is it NOT impossible to figure out how to diagnose the 187B 036 model. It will require either JTAG level connection or a simple firmware (which everyone says it is not possible - when in truth the answer is that no one has tried or received a firmware for this unit from the chinese sellers YET) 

I realize this 187B 036 is the Linux 1GB ram model.

The problem I am having, NO CARPLAY/CARPLAY REMOVED OR DISBALED OR NOT STARTING.

On the Russian forum, there is clear mention of config params for the OS level and what apps it starts up with. Even if its 'NOT POSSIBLE' at them moment to update 187B 036 0317, why is it not possible to access OS/root level config parameters, to see if for my example the CarPlay app is simply marked disabled after a factory reset, and therefore not starting/showing? Where is the engineering menu for this model? How do I connect via serial connection? Can it be done through the USB port?

This should be pretty simple. Any thoughts? Any similar problems ?

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - Nov - 02-12-2018

Very odd problem. But you do have a point about the software update. Hopefully your problem will be solved by the seller.

I can't answer your answers yet however.

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - Maybe - 02-13-2018

Just download newest softwsre update and install it. Carplay and Android Auto will be return back.

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - v1ad10 - 02-13-2018

maybe you need to correctly coding headunit with VCDS, you can ask your seller for correct coding sequence.
afaik rcd 330 does not support Dynaudio and other soundsystems, when you try to coding soundsystem you get the error,
did you changed the coding to make it work?

and do not try to upgrade firmware, there is no any firmare for 187B desay,
if you will flash firmware from another model you will get brick

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - ajgoldman - 02-16-2018

(02-13-2018, 07:56 AM)v1ad10 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.maybe you need to correctly coding headunit with VCDS, you can ask your seller for correct coding sequence.
afaik rcd 330 does not support Dynaudio and other  soundsystems, when you try to coding soundsystem you get the error,
did you changed the coding  to make it work?

and  do not try to upgrade firmware, there is no any firmare for 187B desay,
if you  will flash firmware from another model you will get brick

I would most certainly not flash anything to a device it wasnt meant for. 

But you might be on to something about the VCDS coding. I might have changed something, like removed MDI interface/ cannot recall. But you think that would have caused the unit to only show Carlife?

I truly believe the disappearance of CarPlay and MirrorLink (CarLife is still there) was caused by me performing a factory reset from the units setup menu.

I will try to recode back to when it was working via VCDS and see if that may have been the issue.

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - aDeST - 03-01-2018

Hi! Any software version supports Dynaudio? i don't want to believe it, i have Dynaudio and i need it too on a RCD330 Sad

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - G@kturks - 03-02-2018

(03-01-2018, 10:13 PM)aDeST Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi! Any software version supports Dynaudio? i don't want to believe it, i have Dynaudio and i need it too on a RCD330 Sad

I think you need fixed with vcds cable ..

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - aDeST - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 11:24 AM)Gokturks Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(03-01-2018, 10:13 PM)aDeST Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi! Any software version supports Dynaudio? i don't want to believe it, i have Dynaudio and i need it too on a RCD330 Sad

Thats is not a problem Blush If its possible to its works with vcds or vcp, i have both. someone tried it?

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - G@kturks - 03-02-2018

(03-02-2018, 02:02 PM)aDeST Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(03-02-2018, 11:24 AM)Gokturks Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Thats is not a problem Blush If its possible to its works with vcds or vcp, i have both. someone tried it?

But Dynaudio only work on Noname brend , Desay not Support

RE: 187B Desay - Carplay Disappeared - WARNING - gldnrt - 05-13-2018

(02-11-2018, 08:04 PM)ajgoldman Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hello to the forum,

This will be my first post.

This is being installed into a 2011 MK6 GTI with Dynaudio. I am replacing, RNS510 from factory.

I purchased 187B Desay (not purposely as Amazon seller was misleading), everything was working fine until the following happened:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

1. I installed the unit, everything working, no audio.
2. Disconnected battery, audio working. Great.
3. Carplay working. Shows Carplay, Carlife, Mirrorlink.
4. Next day, went into setup, did factory reset.
6. NO MORE CARPLAY!!! NO MORE MIRRORLINK!!! ONLY BAIDU CARLIFE
7. Disconnected unit multiple times, still no carplay, only carlife.

After discovering all this, I contacted amazon seller, they told me to hold down unit power button (soft reboot) to fix. did not work.

After some more digging on this forum, and others, I learned my unit was a Desay 187B with 036 - 0317 specs. The seller told me that the update process is 'too complicated' and they will send me another one.

As an engineer, I know that is it NOT impossible to figure out how to diagnose the 187B 036 model. It will require either JTAG level connection or a simple firmware (which everyone says it is not possible - when in truth the answer is that no one has tried or received a firmware for this unit from the chinese sellers YET) 

I realize this 187B 036 is the Linux 1GB ram model.

The problem I am having, NO CARPLAY/CARPLAY REMOVED OR DISBALED OR NOT STARTING.

On the Russian forum, there is clear mention of config params for the OS level and what apps it starts up with. Even if its 'NOT POSSIBLE' at them moment to update 187B 036 0317, why is it not possible to access OS/root level config parameters, to see if for my example the CarPlay app is simply marked disabled after a factory reset, and therefore not starting/showing? Where is the engineering menu for this model? How do I connect via serial connection? Can it be done through the USB port?

This should be pretty simple. Any thoughts? Any similar problems ?

Have you managed to get carplay back?   I had the same problem before and successfully fix it.