Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update
Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - Printable Version

+- Rcd330 Plus Firmware and Language Update (https://rcd330plus.com)
+-- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus Firmwares & Guides (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rcd 330 Plus NoNaMe & Desay (https://rcd330plus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus (/showthread.php?tid=26)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - G@kturks - 10-01-2018

[Image: tikt.png]

With the rest it will not be difficult to understand, everything there is just sorted out. 

Well, now a few photos:

Simple usb cable wire

[Image: 1.jpg]

All you need to figure out for installing USB
[Image: 2.jpg]

As soon as we saw the pinout and mark it on the board
[Image: 3.jpg]

Marked on the board pinout for connecting the USB cable

While the soldering iron heats up, we straighten the wires for better soldering, the tips are dipped into the acid soldering
The very process of soldering. We do everything carefully so that nothing superfluous does not solder
[Image: 4.jpg]

Done. The wire is shielded, so we rewrap with electrical tape
[Image: 5.jpg]

Determined with the output of the cable from under the cover of the board and begin to collect. Initially, I wanted to post higher, but in the end there was a hole through which the cable was fixed, and it sits perfectly, clamping the cable.
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]

And the final part is a check for the correctness of the connection: The phone is charging and connected, which means that the soldering is correct. When installing the radio, this cable will not interfere with anything, so under the torpedo the cable will go straight to the glove box.

Orginal post ; 

[To see links please register here]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
other usb Cable wire (rcd510 )usb cable  from aliexpress

[Image: usb1234.jpg]
Left then right —->

1 ) Black
2 ) Red
3 ) Green
4 ) White

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - Cooperman - 07-02-2018

Good afternoon Gokturks,
Thanks so much for the guide, im super excited to give it a go in the next few days.
Can I please just a quick couple of questions..

1) Does this rear work at the same time as the front USB (2 independant ports)?, and
2) Does the rear port have same full functionality as the front one (carplay, android auto etc)

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it
Cooperman Smile

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - G@kturks - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 03:45 PM)Cooperman Wrote:

Good afternoon Gokturks,
Thanks so much for the guide, im super excited to give it a go in the next few days.
Can I please just a quick couple of questions..

1) Does this rear work at the same time as the front USB (2 independant ports)?, and
2) Does the rear port have same full functionality as the front one (carplay, android auto etc)

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it
Cooperman Smile
Only work rear if you connect cable
Yes rear is same full like front

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - Nathaniel - 20-02-2018

Thanks for posting, how do I do the AUX in a polo 6R? I have an OEM aux port in the cup holder?

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - G@kturks - 20-02-2018

(20-02-2018, 10:58 AM)Nathaniel Wrote:

Thanks for posting, how do I do the AUX in a polo 6R? I have an OEM aux port in the cup holder?

You need to find aux place to connect cables like usb way..

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - serg2001 - 20-02-2018

question are all the little cables inside the USB cable the same color? I mean are the color standard...a USB cable in Mexico would be the same colors as everywhere else? if not how can I determine which cable goes solder where....I hope you can understand my question

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - G@kturks - 21-02-2018

(20-02-2018, 11:40 PM)serg2001 Wrote:

question are all the little cables inside the USB cable the same color? I mean are the color standard...a USB cable in Mexico would be the same colors as everywhere else? if not how can I determine which cable goes solder where....I hope you can understand my question

check cable with multimeter , better way before connect, because some cable colour are different..

like this cable it is different (rcd510 ) from aliexpress
[Image: usb1.png]
Left then right —->

1 ) Black
2 ) Red
3 ) Green
4 ) White

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - serg2001 - 28-02-2018

Big Grin ....Just did it...and it works great...I used a normal USB Male-Female cable....the only hard part was running the usb cable behind the dashboard and in to the glove compartment of my VW Jetta MK6....other than that It went really easy, thanks to your step by step tutorial and pictures....thanks a lot amigo.

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - veigy - 28-02-2018

I did USB mod from USB male to female too. Soldered USB works without any problems. USB on front side of unit can charge device, but there is no data transfer. Is this normal?

RE: Connecting the rear USB to the Rcd 330 Plus - Xabr - 28-02-2018

(28-02-2018, 02:16 PM)veigy Wrote:

I did USB mod from USB male to female too. Soldered USB works without any problems. USB on front side of unit can charge device, but there is no data transfer. Is this normal?

As I see there is Noname 187B PCB. I got the same issue when soldered USB-female cable. When I unsoldered it front USB work again.
Probably we need to solder cable's shield